Pilot Test to Evaluate Questions for SDG Indicator 5.a.1, 2022
Bolivia (Plurinational State of)
This study is a test pilot to evaluate a set of questions to allow the recollection of information on SDG indicator 5.a.1 - (a) Percentage of people with ownership or secure rights over agricultural land (out of total agricultural population), by sex; and (b) share of women among owners or rights-bearers of agricultural land, by type of tenure, in Bolivia.
The main objective of the pilot test is to test the question module that can be added to the next Agricultural Census and later to the next National Agricultural Survey.
Kind of Data
Unit of Analysis
Socio-demographic data: ownership or secure rights over agricultural land, number of member of family, income sources, sex, type of tenure.
The data is not representative
Producers and sponsors
Eddy Angel Foronda
FLACSO Secretaría General
FLACSO Secretaría General
Instituto Nacional de Reforma Agraria
Ministerio de Desarrollo Rural y Tierras
Food and Agriculture Organization, Headquarters
Food and Agriculture Organization, Regional Office for Latina America and the Caribbean
The sample was chosing until it reached at least 285 household holdings by considering the development of agricultural activity, at the level of large, medium and small household holdings. For the selection of samples (household holding) the results of the 2013 Agricultural Census was used, for this, the cultivated surface (in hectares) for each department was accumulated. To select the municipalities and communities, the results of the 2015 National Agriculture Survey was used and the production (in quintals) was accumulated at the departmental level, and the municipalities with the highest agricultural production was chosen. Municipalities containing an Indigenous land (TIOC/TCO), and community land were also taken into account.
The response rate was 99%.
Dates of Data Collection
Data Collection Mode
The data collected underwent the following stages:
1. Field editing which consisted of checking of consistency, correctness and completeness of entries while in the field.
2. Manual processing of complete questionnaries where the following were done: verification of identificacion by family name and district of forms, checking elegibility of entries, and coding.
The datasets were anonymized by the FAO Office of Chief Statistician, using basic Statistical Disclosure Control methods, before dissemination.
The users shall not take any action with the purpose of identifying any individual entity (i.e. person, household, enterprise, etc.) in the micro dataset(s). If such a disclosure is made inadvertently, no use will be made of the information, and it will be reported immediately to FAO
Micro datasets disseminated by FAO shall only be allowed for research and statistical purposes. Any user which requests access working for a commercial company will not be granted access to any micro dataset regardless of their specified purpose. Users requesting access to any datasets must agree to the following minimal conditions:
- The micro dataset will only be used for statistical and/or research purposes;
- Any results derived from the micro dataset will be used solely for reporting aggregated information, and not for any specific individual entities or data subjects;
- The users shall not take any action with the purpose of identifying any individual entity (i.e. person, household, enterprise, etc.) in the micro dataset(s). If such a disclosure is made inadvertently, no use will be made of the information, and it will be reported immediately to FAO;
- The micro dataset cannot be re-disseminated by users or shared with anyone other than the individuals that are granted access to the micro dataset by FAO.
The use of the dataset should be referenced in any publication, using the following citation:
FLACSO Secretaría General. Pilot Test to Evaluate Questions for SDG Indicator 5.a.1, Bolivia, 2022. Dataset downloaded from https://microdata.fao.org.
Disclaimer and copyrights
The user of the data acknowledges that the original collector of the data, the authorized distributor of the data, and the relevant funding agency bear no responsibility for use of the data or for interpretations or inferences based upon such uses.
This data was re-collected under a Letter of Agreement between FLACSO and FAO, to test some useful set of questions to allow for the estimation of SDG indicator 5.a.1, but it is not representative or reflect the reality about the national context.