Study of Nutritional Status and Diet in Adolescent Girls in Zambezia
Other Household Survey [hh/oth]
To explore the diet and nutritional status of adolescent girls in Zambézia Province, Mozambique, in two seasons and in different types of communities.
Kind of Data
Sample survey data [ssd]
Unit of Analysis
The survey collected information on:
- SUBJECTS: information on the participants such as age, sex and geographical location.
- CONSUMPTION: information on all foods consumed by each participant in each survey day, including quantities and nutrient values. The population group covered in the survey was adolescent girls.
Sub-national coverage, both urban and rural areas.
Producers and sponsors
University of Helsinki, Finland
The sampling was carried out in five areas: (1) Quelimane City, (2) the district town of Maganja da Costa (Vila de Maganja da Costa), (3) rural villages in Maganja da Costa, (4) the district town of Morrumbala (Vila de Morrumbala), and (5) rural villages in Morrumbala. Villages located within a 45 to 60 minute drive from the study centers (health centers and hospitals) were considered. The sampling was carried out in two stages: the 1st stage involved selection of neighborhoods or villages, and the 2nd stage involved the selection of households.
Post-stratification sampling weights based on the total population of 15- to 19-year-old girls in the five study areas have been created after the field work.
Dates of Data Collection
Data Collection Mode
Data Collection Notes
The primary dietary assessment method was individual quantitative 24-hour recall, covering both week days and weekends. For 109 subjects, 4 survey days were recalled. In addition, a short, non-validated, seven-day FFQ (FPQ) not asking portion sizes was designed for this study to capture food consumption patterns for the period of one week. FFQ available at: http://urn.fi/URN:ISBN:978-951-51-1899-8
The users shall not take any action with the purpose of identifying any individual entity (i.e. person, household, enterprise, etc.) in the micro dataset(s). If such a disclosure is made inadvertently, no use will be made of the information, and it will be reported immediately to FAO
Micro datasets disseminated by FAO shall only be allowed for research and statistical purposes. Any user which requests access working for a commercial company will not be granted access to any micro dataset regardless of their specified purpose. Users requesting access to any datasets must agree to the following minimal conditions:
- The micro dataset will only be used for statistical and/or research purposes;
- Any results derived from the micro dataset will be used solely for reporting aggregated information, and not for any specific individual entities or data subjects;
- The users shall not take any action with the purpose of identifying any individual entity (i.e. person, household, enterprise, etc.) in the micro dataset(s). If such a disclosure is made inadvertently, no use will be made of the information, and it will be reported immediately to FAO;
- The micro dataset cannot be re-disseminated by users or shared with anyone other than the individuals that are granted access to the micro dataset by FAO.
Study of Nutrition Status and Diet in Adolescent Girls in Zambezia (ZANE): Mozambique, 2010; Department of Food and Nutrition, University of Helsinki, Finland. Harmonized for the Global Dietary Database.
Disclaimer and copyrights
The user of the data acknowledges that the original collector of the data, the authorized distributor of the data, and the relevant funding agency bear no responsibility for use of the data or for interpretations or inferences based upon such uses